The application environment
The LED based passenger information systems are typically found in busses, trains, bus terminals, train stations, airports etc. Since the applications are placed in a public environment it requires vandal-proof cover glass solutions.
Typical cover glass requirements
- Impact resistance / vandal-proof
- Good fire behaviour (i.e. UL 94 V0, DIN 5510-2: S4, SR2, ST2)
- High smoke toxicity standards (DIN 5510-1:2009: FED <1, NF-F16-101: F2)
- Black panel effect when device turned off
- Specific colour output
- Reflection control: Anti-reflective or non-glare
- Easy to clean and anti-graffiti properties
- EMI shielding, e.g. for some applications inside a train, DS/EN 50121-3-2
PSC products and solutions
PSC has created a wide range of cover glass solutions for passenger LED signage systems primarily made from polycarbonate. We have great experience with custom coloured polycarbonate solutions that live up to strict fire behaviour and smoke toxicity standards (i.e. UL 94 V0). Contact us to learn more.