Near infrared (NIR) filters for iris recognition applications.
The application environment
Iris scanning is a biometric recognition and identification method. Via video images of the unique iris pattern, the application is able to recognize an individual. It is applied for access control, border crossings etc. The technology is often based on near infrared wavelengths. Hence, a NIR filter is used.
PSC products and solutions
PSC manufactures NIR acrylic filters. We call these filter solutions Solaris™ IR S306. Our casted black or very dark red acrylic filters combined with anti-reflection (AR) or optimised AR surface treatments result in excellent filter solutions for iris recognition devices. With the optimised AR surface treatment it is possible to obtain extra high scanning performance, with improved precision and faster recognitions.
Typical display window requirements
- High NIR transmittance and block of visible light
- Anti-reflection (AR) coating
- Optimised anti-reflection (AR) coating
- Cleaning resistance
- Scratch and impact resistance
- Black panel effect as design feature and in order to anonymise the optics behind the cover lens.