Glacier™ AR is the ideal solution for display applications requiring maximum light transmission and readability under all ambient light conditions.
Glacier™ AR properties
The base material is an extra clear low iron glass. Through a vacuum magnetron sputtering process, multiple nanometre thin layers of carefully selected metal and mineral oxides are applied onto the surface. Due to the different refractive indices of these layers, surface reflections are eliminated.
The result is residual surface reflections of less than 1% making the glass virtually invisible and providing a clear, unobstructed view.
In addition, an extra smooth and hard top coating layer makes Glacier™ AR very scratch resistant and durable. For greater safety Glacier™ AR can be thermally tempered (from 4 mm thickness) or laminated (Glacier™ SAFE).
PSC has a long range of in-house glass processing capabilities such as cutting, edge finish, thermal tempering, printing & lamination.
- Standard thicknesses: 3-6 mm.
- Maximum dimensions: 3210 x 2250 mm
- Minimum dimensions: 185 x 120 (320 mm diagonal for tempering)
- Visual appearance: Colourless to very light green
- Light transmission: > 99 %
- Reflection: < 1 %
- UV protection: 70 % (92 % Glacier AR UV)